Saturday, March 15, 2008

Georgetown Hoyas Starter Jacket! live vinyl mix by Jasdon


I have been wanting to get my wigger on lately, so I have created this beast of a mix. The music represented in this mix means so much to me and i hope my limited skills do it justice. My only regret is that i don't own more of my favorites on vinyl. Sit back and enjoy a trip back to the tha old skool, when i rode a beach cruiser bike, had a Starter jacket, could be seen in Ben Davis/Dickies and once even Cross Colours, wore only chucks (wait i still do), actually owned a Malcolm hat (you know..all black and a whopping white X), performed "ain't nuthin' but a G thang" w/ Gordon at my Middle School talent show, cared about Kenwood, Alpine, and Pioneer products, bought an Ice Cube tape in NY and my Jewish Grandmother told me to hold on tightly to my bags because there were a lot of colored people around, sported a Dodgers and Raiders hat on the reg, worshipped Dr. Dre/Eazy E./Ice Cube/Too Short/Dj Quik/Bushwick Bill/Scarface/Ice T/MC Breed/Warren G & Nate Dogg, etc..

Kid Koala (intro)
Soulsonic Force w/ samples of Lenny Bruce
Newcleus
Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five
L'Trimm
LL
Erik B. & Rakim
MC Breed
BDP
GZA
Warren G
Souls of Mischief
Public Enemy*
*Schoolly D
Ultramagnetic MC's
DJ Shadow w/ samples from One Small Step
Notorious B.I.G.

* You will JIZZ your pants during the transition between Public Enemy and Schooly D. Eat your heart out DJ Skribble!

Yeah Boyeee!!

No comments: